About Me

My photo
My name is Hillary, I'm 24 and have a beautiful daughter who was born June 25, 2010. She was adopted by an amazing family with whom I am now very close. Adoption is an incredible experience but can extremely suck sometimes. I feel called to share my story with other people not only to spread knowledge about adoption (especially open adoptions) but also to help support girls going through unplanned pregnancy/adoption.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Adoptive Moms, Birth Moms, Moms moms...

For some reason the hardest time to see Emilia is with my mom. My latest theory is that when it's just me visiting I can sort of pretend that a) I am old enough to have had a kid so it's not as weird; b) I get her all to myself; or c) it's easier to see her as her adoptive mom's kid instead of my mom's biological granddaughter. When it really hits me that the decision made effects my entire family (on top of her birth-father's family) it multiplies the grief tenfold. I'm the type of person who feels the emotions of the people around her so all of that weighing down on me . The only thing that makes it all bearable is that Emilia's adoptive mom is like me and feels everyone's emotions so she noticed almost immediately when I was upset that day, asked if I was okay, and made sure I had some time with Emi. What would I ever do without her?

No comments:

Post a Comment