About Me

My photo
My name is Hillary, I'm 24 and have a beautiful daughter who was born June 25, 2010. She was adopted by an amazing family with whom I am now very close. Adoption is an incredible experience but can extremely suck sometimes. I feel called to share my story with other people not only to spread knowledge about adoption (especially open adoptions) but also to help support girls going through unplanned pregnancy/adoption.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Days

Today I got to babysit my little girl for the first time. I feel so incredibly blessed that her mom trusts me enough to watch her by myself! Just being able to play with her for an hour, put her down for a nap, sing her a lullaby... it is going to be by far the best part of my week.

I can completely understand closed adoptions and the fear behind open adoption. For some girls it is truly better for them to never see their child again and just sleep well knowing they are in good hands somewhere else. I also completely understand keeping your child-- being able to play with Emilia, sing her lullabies etc every day would be so amazing. I guess what I'm trying to say is that especially with teen pregnancy, everyone's story, and needs, are different and each of those stories comes with its own unique brand of pain and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment