About Me

My photo
My name is Hillary, I'm 24 and have a beautiful daughter who was born June 25, 2010. She was adopted by an amazing family with whom I am now very close. Adoption is an incredible experience but can extremely suck sometimes. I feel called to share my story with other people not only to spread knowledge about adoption (especially open adoptions) but also to help support girls going through unplanned pregnancy/adoption.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Great-Birth Grandmothers

Great-Birth Grandmothers... What a mouthful. Adoption certainly does make titles complicated.

Yesterday was pretty amazing. M&M's birth daddy went to visit her with me and his grandmother and uncle came too. [Back story: they are fairly supportive of the adoption and had yet to see the baby] It is pretty incredible to see the immediate love for a baby. This little person who can't do much on her own except look cute and poop is bringing families together that otherwise never would have met and forming such an unbreakable bond, they will be together forever. When my own grandmother visited it was the same way--instant connection and pride--this was even more incredible because not only was this kind of adoption out of their norm, but there was also a big language barrier that is breached only by this little girl that we all love.

No comments:

Post a Comment