About Me

My photo
My name is Hillary, I'm 24 and have a beautiful daughter who was born June 25, 2010. She was adopted by an amazing family with whom I am now very close. Adoption is an incredible experience but can extremely suck sometimes. I feel called to share my story with other people not only to spread knowledge about adoption (especially open adoptions) but also to help support girls going through unplanned pregnancy/adoption.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

One of Those Days That Makes it ALL Worth While...

Today was fairly amazing. As I drove to Emilia's house I thought about how I'd been feeling a bit distant from her adoptive mom--what with a baby for her and a ridiculous school schedule for me, time for "grown-up" talk seemed to evaporate when I needed it most. BUT (here come's part one of what makes it all worth while...) today Em's sister stayed at a friend's for a bit and Emilia nappen so we got a nice long chunk of time to seriously chat. Yeay! Nothing too heavy or emotional, but it felt like old times which I needed with everything so topsy tervy since Emilia was born. After an hour or so, Emilia woke up and I sat on the floor with her playing. THEN (part two!!) SHE STOOD UP ON HER OWN! For the first time ever!! Okay, for those of you who aren't birth moms, let me enlighten you into the phenominalness of this situation: birth moms, if they're lucky (and have chosen an open adoption), will hear about the big firsts (rolling over, crawling, teeth, standing up...) second hand shortly after they occur. Some don't even get that much. So the fact that Emilia was literally right next to me and stood up unsupported for the very first time is pretty revolutionary. Score one for birth moms!! Later, her sister came home and some serious tickle-fighting fun ensued which is always a good thing involving many smiles. Needless to say, today kicked major ass. :)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this Hillary! SO glad you were there when Em stood, and that you had a chance for some alone time with her A.M. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

    ReplyDelete