About Me

My photo
My name is Hillary, I'm 24 and have a beautiful daughter who was born June 25, 2010. She was adopted by an amazing family with whom I am now very close. Adoption is an incredible experience but can extremely suck sometimes. I feel called to share my story with other people not only to spread knowledge about adoption (especially open adoptions) but also to help support girls going through unplanned pregnancy/adoption.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas

Every Christmas I have to the same struggle with what to get my family members and friends as the perfect gift. This year has brought even more challenge.

What do I get for the mother of my daughter that says "Thank you for raising my baby- the most important thing in my life- for loving her as your own, for waking up in the middle of the night to feed or change her, for committing your time, energy, love, patience, and sanity, to make her the person she's meant to become for the rest of her life"?

Everything I think of seems cheap. Insufficient. Insincere. Many will want to say "oh, but you've given her your first child, what more of a gift could you give than that?" But there is so much love and gratitude in my heart for this woman I didn't even know a year ago but am now so close and emotionally intertwined with I feel there must be some way to show that and thank her for being the most important person to that little girl who is most important to me. I know she'll love whatever I chose I just want it to be perfect!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to go ahead and quote you: "It's like you are in my head!" I love you so much Hillary and i'm right there next to you in the "???!!?!?!" boat :) can't wait to have a Twilight pity party with you after the holidays ♥

    ReplyDelete